Summer 2021 Visitors Policy
With the increased availability of vaccines to help control the impact of the COVID-19 virus, and the gradual resumption of the regular work of the University, the restrictions on visitors to campus reflected in the University’s COVID-19 Policy will be eased for the period May 23 to August 20, 2021 (”Summer Session”), as follows:
- Visitors, whether or not they have a connection to the University’s teaching and research mission, will be welcome on campus, subject to all University and public health protocols in effect at the time of the visit.
- Visitors must abide by current mask guidelines.
- Due to on-going budget constraints, University-funded visitors must be pre-approved by the sponsoring unit’s Dean or Vice President or their designee.
- No overnight visitors will be permitted in the residence halls. Only those with a valid meal plan for the Summer Session will be permitted to dine in the University dining halls.
- All visits should comply with the University’s Gatherings Policy and associated Meeting and Event Guidelines.
- Visitors will be able to access a limited number of buildings on campus and will be required to comply with mandatory health protocols that will be prominently displayed in each of those spaces. Campus buildings open to visitors during the Summer Session include:
- Basilica of the Sacred Heart
- The Morris Inn
- Hammes Notre Dame Bookstore
- Eck Visitors Center
- Hesburgh Library
- Snite Museum of Art
- DeBartolo Performing Arts Center
- LaFortune Student Center
- Duncan Student Center
- Main Building
- In addition to the buildings listed above, certain University buildings (e.g., Innovation Park, Robinson Community Learning Center, Shaw Family Center, etc.) will continue to serve and be open to both the campus community and some members of the broader South Bend community, subject to mandatory health protocols displayed in each of these buildings.
This Policy may be amended during the Summer Session to accommodate potential changes in conditions on campus as well as local, national and global conditions. Changes will be posted at https://here.nd.edu/ The Policy governing visitors to campus during the Fall semester will be announced closer to the start of the semester.
Effective May 23-August 20, 2021