The University continues to monitor closely the evolving understanding of COVID-19 by health and medical experts and will adapt its policies and procedures as appropriate as new information becomes available.
Each member of the Notre Dame community, and visitors to campus, should abide by the following protocol:
- Members of the Notre Dame community are expected to carry a mask with them at all times, and to be respectful of those who request that masks be worn in their presence.
- For all Notre Dame faculty, staff, students and visitors, masking is optional indoors and outdoors on campus, including at events, with the following exceptions:
- Masks are required in any instructional or research space—classrooms, offices, labs or studios—where the faculty member or instructor requires masking.
- Regardless of vaccination status, masks continue to be required for all who visit University Health Services and the Notre Dame Wellness Center.
- All individuals who test positive for COVID will be required to mask for five days following their isolation period.
- Close contacts of individuals who test positive for COVID are required to mask for five days following their first day of exposure.
- Anyone experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms should stay at home, call their medical provider, and, as appropriate, get tested. Even if you are negative for COVID, please wear your mask indoors on campus while symptoms persist to avoid spreading illness.
- Anyone who would prefer to wear a mask in any setting is welcome to do so.