The dashboard shows results from two types of tests.
- Asymptomatic tests are administered as part of the University's surveillance testing protocol (including student-athletes), supplemental surveillance testing, and tests of individuals in quarantine. The individuals in these groups are not experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Symptomatic tests are conducted for people who are experiencing symptoms of COVID19, and are also commonly called diagnostic tests.
There are three ways in which tests are administered.
- Saliva-based PCR test - This is the primary method used for asymptomatic testing at the Testing Center. These tests are analyzed on campus with results available within 24 hours.
- Nasal swab PCR test - This test is sent off-campus for analysis with results typically returned in 1-2 days.
- Antigen test - Also a nasal swab test, but analyzed on campus and results returned within 30 minutes.
Previous Dashboard Data