University Testing Center
The University operates an on-site testing center located at the Joyce Center.
Testing includes symptomatic testing—for those with symptoms of COVID-19 or other respiratory illnesses, or for those who have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19—and surveillance testing, which involves testing people from across campus to help avert potential outbreaks before they occur.
Testing is free to all currently enrolled Notre Dame students, all faculty teaching or conducting research on campus during the semester, and benefit-eligible staff.
The campus site will supplement testing available to members of the campus community through their physicians’ offices and other locations in the county.
Location & Scheduling
- Symptomatic Testing is available at Gate 3, by appointment only
- Students experiencing a high fever, difficulty breathing, or a loss of taste or smell should complete the Student Symptomatic Test Request Form. Students who are identified as close contacts by contact tracers will be contacted directly.
- Faculty and staff may utilize telehealth services through the Notre Dame Wellness Center (574-631-0050) or their primary care provider.
- Surveillance Testing is available at Gate 2 at anytime during hours of operation on the day you chose during registration. Registration is required.
Hours of Operation
Spring 2022 Hours
- Surveillance testing collection: Monday-Friday, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Symptomatic testing: Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Saturday from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Monday, January 17: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Surveillance testing collection: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 pm.
- Symptomatic testing: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.