KN95 Masks Available
The University has acquired KN95 masks for complimentary distribution throughout campus to Notre Dame students, faculty and staff. Masks are available on a first come, first served basis during regular hours of operation at the following locations:
- University Testing Center at the Joyce Center
- University Health Services in St. Liam Hall
- Notre Dame Wellness Center
- Duncan Student Center welcome desk
- LaFortune Student Center information desk
- DeBartolo Performing Arts Center
Standard disposable masks are also available at these locations.
Individuals are asked to take one mask per person. Departments or organizations interested in receiving a larger number of masks should email Kara Edwards.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the KN95 mask offers a high level of protection from virus transmission because it is well-fitted to one’s face and has multiple protective layers.
KN95 mask facts
- KN95 masks can be reworn for up to five consecutive days and should be discarded if they become soiled, damaged, wet or difficult to breathe through.
- Handle a KN95 mask by the straps only and do not touch the interior of the mask.
- KN95 masks should create a tight seal on one’s face. The mask’s effectiveness may be compromised by facial hair, jewelry or other obstructions which limit the seal around the face.
- KN95 masks are not washable. They can be stored in a paper bag when not in use.