Dear Faculty and Staff,
We write to share important information about the University's return to campus COVID-19 testing program for faculty and staff as we prepare for the February 3 start to the spring semester. We also provide reminders about the availability of surveillance and diagnostic testing over Winter Break.
Return to Campus Testing ahead of Spring Semester
In anticipation of the return to campus by students in late January/early February, we have built a robust entry testing program. Return to campus testing is not mandatory for faculty or staff, but is available and strongly encouraged if you are regularly working or living on campus during the spring semester. Key information for return to campus testing:
Faculty and Staff Return to Campus Testing Times:
Monday, January 18 – Wednesday, January 27
Excluding Saturday, January 23 and Sunday, January 24
9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Make an appointment →
Faculty and Staff Return to Campus Testing Details:
- Faculty and staff surveillance testing will be primarily saliva-based with results available approximately 24 hours following the test.
- Surveillance testing access is via Gate 2 of the Joyce Center.
- Avoid eating, drinking (including water), brushing teeth, using mouthwash, chewing gum, or using tobacco products for at least 60 minutes before submitting saliva.
- If you have tested positive in the last 90 days, are symptomatic, have a red pass on your daily health check, or are in quarantine or isolation you SHOULD NOT participate in return to campus or surveillance testing.
- Please visit the HERE website for additional information and a calendar for return to campus and surveillance testing.
Surveillance Testing Over Winter Break
As previously announced, the University will offer surveillance testing for faculty and staff who are living or working on campus. This testing is limited to the following dates:
Monday, January 11 – Friday, January 15
10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Make an appointment →
More information about surveillance testing for faculty and staff during the spring semester will be communicated in January.
Diagnostic Testing Reminder
As a reminder, the final day of diagnostic testing at the University Testing Center before the University holiday break is Saturday, Dec. 19. For those faculty, staff and students who require diagnostic testing after Dec. 19, the Wellness Center has modified hours of operations over Winter Break, which includes limited drive-up Covid-19 testing, by appointment only. See the revised schedule. Family members and dependents should seek diagnostic testing in the local community.
If you have questions that are not answered by this email or the HERE website, please call the COVID-19 Response Unit (CRU) hotline at 574-631-HERE after their return from Winter Break at 9 a.m. on Jan. 6.
We wish you and your families a healthy and joyful Christmas season.
Director, ND COVID-19 Response Unit
Sr. Director of Sustainability and Logistics
Director, ND Surveillance Testing Program
Associate Vice President for Research
Notre Dame Research